I love pictures. There's something about the photo, the memory that it captures, that has always beckoned me. Pictures are precious. They are a link to the past, to a time and place that can never be returned to, except for in the pages of a scrapbook or photo album.
Perhaps this is the bond that we share. Of course, when I say 'we,' I am referring to my best friends, the girls that I worked at Antique with. We've joked before about how we are much closer, much more exciting than the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. But I think it's about time we documented it. I never tire of talking about the Antique girls. They've all changed my life so much, each in different ways. One of my summer projects is this blog: to devote myself to recording our friendship. We've been through so much together, experienced so many fun things. And of course, we have the pictures to prove it.
Allow me to introduce the group now:
Rachael: the oldest, the wisest (perhaps.) Rachael is the designated photographer, usually. At least, we use her camera. She makes the best faces and jokes, she's very witty, and she has great taste in music. Rachael is an artist. She looks at a picture and sees what it can be. She has an incredible eye for composition. So talented!
Hannah: Hannah is sweet. Like, one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. She's always there to help and very creative and artist. Perhaps this is why she's going to make an incredible photographer. She has an eye for beauty, even when its hidden.
Katie: Katie is the genius. The Ivy-leaguer. She's witty and sarcastic and always willing to offer her unique perspective. She's an excellent listener and gives great advice. She always sees the humor in a situation and she's not afraid of working hard.
Sunny: Sunny is the mother. She's always offering advice and looking out for our safety. She's good at it, too. She's a sweetheart, but she has a bite. She can be sarcastic and she'll work for her own way, but there's never any doubt that she cares about you. Oh, and she totally lives up to her name.
Khira: Khira is the small town girl. She's a lot of other things too, but when I think of her, I always think of small towns. She's relaxed, easy to talk to, very ambitious. But she has a bit of red-neck in her...
As for me, I don't know where I fall. I definitely fit in the group. I guess I'm the one of us who will lose hours of sleep over a blog entry because the idea was too thrilling to put off until the morning. But I will wait until the morning to share some of the stories behind the snapshots gracing the heading of this journal de notre amitiƩ. Bonne nuit, blogging world!
Love it! Can't wait to read more! Miss you already can't wait to see you when I get back!
ReplyDelete